Chelsea Shoe Range
Veldskoen has reimagined the traditional Chelsea boot with our signature pop of color!
Uhambo means 'journey' in Xhosa, which is South Africa's second-most-populous home language. Xhosa people belong to different tribes, with distinct heritages, but are fiercely traditional as a rule. Many, to this day, continue to practice the customs inherited from their forefathers. It is important to journey to the past from time to time.
- Superior materials: We source as many of our materials locally (in SA) as we possibly can. By sourcing locally, we help support local businesses and communities. This has the knock-on effect of reduced carbon emissions, because components and finished products spend less time in transit.
- All day Comfort: Veldskoen leather naturally conforms and molds to your foot. After a few days of wear, they will feel like they are an extension of your foot.
- Hand stitched detail: Each Veldskoen is handmade and stitched in South Africa by master shoe makers. This means individual care and attention is given to every shoe.
- Brighten your sole: Veldskoen come in a variety of colours. There’s a Veldskoen sole for every mood and situation. In Veldskoen you can go from cruising the office, to hiking through the bush, without skipping a beat.
- Odour free: Did you know leather is a natural deodorizer? Veldskoen announce themselves because of how they look, not because of how they smell. You can even wear them without socks.
- Leather Uppers: Our leather is sourced from a handful of local tanneries. We use a few different types of leathers.
- Full grain reversible suede in 1.8/2.0mm substance on our Heritage and Chelsea range.
- All our leathers are sustainably and ethically, sourced by-product from the local meat industry.
Because we use genuine leather, finishes may differ slightly between shoes, or areas on a pair of shoes. We love these unique textures and believe they are part of what gives Veldskoen their beautiful character!
- Hydrophobic leather: All our Veldskoen leathers have been treated to repel water. This means that if you spill liquid on them, it will roll off, instead of damming up, which gives you time to wipe off the liquid before it is absorbed.
- Veldskoen Sole: All our soles are made from a durable synthetic rubber compound, which is recyclable.
- Inner soles: To give you all day comfort, our inner soles are made with a 4mm, high density, memory foam. They are covered with a durable PU lining that creates the perfect padding for your feet.
- Stitching: Our stitching is done with a semi waxed, 100% polyester, braided thread, that is as strong as the shoe itself. We use double stitching, on all high movement areas of the shoe, for added strength.
FREE SHIPPING OVER $100 We offer free shipping, anywhere in Canada, for orders over $100.
We typically fulfil orders within 24 hours.
Once your order has been fulfilled, it will be shipped with Canada Post. Shipping can take
anywhere between 5 and 10 business days, depending on where in Canada you are
Once your order has been shipped, we will email you a tracking number. You can the
visit Canada Post online, to track your parcel.
We offer one free exchange per order.